Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tom Petty.

Tom Petty is awesome. Only his is the kind of awesomeness where I forget about it often, and I don't think I even own any of his CDs, but then every now and then, I'll hear a song somewhere, and I will think, "Man! Tom Petty is awesome." This is a sad phenomenon in one aspect because it doesn't give enough credit to the man, being as, like I said, it's an awesomeness I forget a lot, but it's a great phenomenon because of the joyous surprise value in remembering it each time.

One time during one of these "Man! Tom Petty is awesome." surprise moments, I went on a mad iTunes downloading spree, and although favorite Tom Petty tunes are pretty well known by all, here's a list of what I spent 99 cents each on: Into the Great Wide Open, American Girl, I Won't Back Down, Don't Do Me Like That, Free Fallin', and Mary Jane's Last Dance. I have mentioned this before, somewhere, but I want to state again that I believe that

Oh my my
Oh hell yes
Honey put on that party dress


are the best lyrics of all time. Not for being particularly deep or meaningful, but just for being awesome.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for reminding me of how great he is- They are by far, the best lyrics yet.
    I think I'll go download some music...

    ReplyDelete