Friday, July 24, 2009

Weddings.




I LOVE THEM! My first wedding was my cousin Jen's. It took place in the church I grew up in and then at the classiest joint our small town has to offer and it also took place when I was an angsty teenager. I was lonely and whiney and convinced that this occasion would make me even lonelier and whinier, but then instead it was beautiful and touching and fun and peaceful and happy and ever since then I have been hooked. I have been to a few more since then - we got to go to one this week! - and have a few more coming up later in the year and although big family ones seem the most epic, I loved/will love them all. You get to dress up. You get to eat stuff for free. Depending on the wedding, you get to drink - a lot - for free. There is a cake. There are people you love, loving each other and loving life. Often, you get to see people you don't get to see enough. There is music. There is dancing. There is lots of photo-taking. I love them in all shapes, forms, and sizes and all sappiness levels.

We love weddings so much, we are starting to scheme up our own.

4 comments:

  1. ME TOO. I got into a conversation with Sam when she and Steve came to Boston about Sam's and Kim's weddings and how I really wish I could have gone to them, and we speculated which wedding we're going to get to go to next.

    Hop to it Jill and Kathy/Steve and Sam/me and Gabe! I need to eat some free cake and dance with someone's Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get so overwhelmed with all the choices, like i'm going to get something wrong and be sad about it forever. (lame, i know.) i also worry about who to have as bridesmaids because i don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. then i get mad because i realize i'm letting it become about everyone else, instead of just the two of us. (which i think happens at a lot of weddings and it's sad and ridiculous.)

    okay i'm going to shutup now.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with the sam & steve/jill & kathy/ allie & gabe wedding thing. i want to go to a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we should have a pool of who is gonna take the plunge next.

    also-tahnie, i feel that the bridesmaid thing is totally overwhelming! that's why we decided to not really have a wedding party. there's no way I could choose just a few people.

    ReplyDelete