Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chimamanda Adichie: The danger of a single story.

This was mentioned in one of my classes today, and so I just spent the last 20 minutes sitting on the couch enraptured watching it. I had never heard of Chimamanda Adichie before or read any of her books, but after 20 minutes I can tell you she is pretty great and what she has to say is pretty important, not to mention pretty darn inspiring for what I want to do with my life, and also anytime I see something like this I am in awe/jealous that I will never be able to speak publicly so intelligently, and so this is what I like today and I think you should listen to it.

Ps. This whole website seems somewhat amazing.

1 comment:

  1. TED is awesome. It's a conference where the most interested people get to talk for half an hour about what they're interested in. Check out PopTech too. It's similar.

    ReplyDelete