Thursday, November 5, 2009

Laughing Planet Cafe.


Laughing Planet is a Portland-Eugene chain which sells burritos/salads/smoothies/good stuff, and they are awesome for plenty of reasons but these are mine:

1) The Che Guevara Burrito: OH MAN SO LISTEN TO WHAT IS IN THIS: Brown rice, black beans, sweet potatoes, plantains, pico de gallo and barbeque sauce. I have to say it does depend on who is making the Che, sometimes there's too much pico de gallo and not enough BBQ, when what I really want is lots of sweet potatoes and lots of plantains and lots of BBQ, and when there is it is AMAZING. Also, since it's meatless, it's also cheap, less than $5! I have also tried their BBQ Chicken Quesadilla - made from local-ish Draper Valley chicken of course, in Oregon restaurant style - and it was good, but I usually can't resist the Che.
2) The Blue Suede Shoes Smoothie: blueberries, banana, honeydew, cantaloupe, apple juice. All of their smoothies seem to be pretty top rate, but this is my favorite.
3) The random dinos they have scattered around their tables at all of their locations. We usually go to their Woodstock location, which is huge and usually filled with Reed-ish type folks, and almost every time we go there is a table with at least one enthusiastic kid who gathers all the dinos onto their table and engages them in epic battles and it is awesome.

Also, for some reason no matter how many times Kathy corrects me I always find myself calling it Lonely Planet, like, "Hey, want to go to Lonely Planet?" which is of course not a delicious local eatery but a company which primarily sells travel guides to all the places in the world I would like to visit, and which overall sounds much more sad than Laughing Planet, which actually sounds quite cheerful, because it is.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going here, pronto.
    And,
    you should write restaurant guides

    ReplyDelete