Monday, April 19, 2010

Home, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.



I like this song! It is good.

Runner-up songs that I also lately think are good:
  • Shady Esperanto and the Young Hearts, Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers
  • Two Weeks, Grizzly Bear
  • White Winter Hymnal, Fleet Foxes
  • Kids, MGMT
I have no idea of the cool-or-not-cool value of any of these songs, although I do have an inkling that if they are cool, they were cool with the cool kids like a year ago. Oops. Also, I feel the need to mention that without ever hearing any of their songs I have always had an irrational dislike of MGMT's name. What does it mean? Who knows, all I know is that cryptic band names which make the listener feel stupid are stupid. Yeah! Yeah. But then I heard this song on the radio a few times and kept thinking to myself, "Hm, I think I like this song," and then finally one day I heard the DJ say it was MGMT. So. Good story.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song ("Home")! So great. I had "Kids" as my ringtone for about a year and a half and finally returned to my "Such Great Heights" ringtone because any time my phone rang, "Kids" would get stuck in everyone's heads (including mine) and it was tiring after a while. Talk about good stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song could be Jack's and my favorite right now! Even the talking in the song is tremendous (and I don't really enjoy talking in songs).

    Good pick, Jillie Bean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, P.S. - You should down the AllSongsConsidered podcast from NPR. In the archive you can find a live video performance by Edward Sharpe (a "tiny desk performance")in which they play "Home," "40 Days," and "Janglin'." ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home is me and my friend Kiri's song!

    MGMT = Management. :)

    ReplyDelete