Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Addendum to: Everything pumpkin related.

Today one of my students told me about how Dairy Queen's Pumpkin Pie Blizzard was "soooo good," and being that there is a Dairy Queen right next to our middle school (yes, the poor employees), I really had pretty much no choice in getting one when I left. You know, connecting with the students, and everything. Shockingly, I found it pretty enjoyable too, especially the plentiful chunks of pie crust swirled into the mix. That first bite with the whipped cream really did taste, in fact, like pumpkin pie.

Speaking of pumpkin ice creams, I also must mention that a year or so ago I made the perfect combination at Coldstone with their seasonal pumpkin ice cream mixed with plain chocolate chips and slivers of almonds. This was really quite a refined Coldstone palate for me, being that normally it's near impossible for me to stray from my usual: cookie batter ice cream mixed with Heath Bar and Reese's peanut butter cups. Yes, I have a candy problem. But pumpkin ice cream with chocolate chips and almonds! So classy, so delicious! You can thank me later.

I must add these of course as an addendum to my post here from last year about my infatuation with the large orange globular squashes:

12) DQ's Pumpkin Pie Blizzard
13) Coldstone's pumpkin ice cream with chocolate chips and almonds

In a reply to that original post my sister also reminded me about:

14) Pumpkin soup

And oh, I also forgot about:

15) Pumpkin cheesecake.

And, uh, I think that's it, for now. We'll see what next year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment