Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let Down, Radiohead.

So I talked about The Bends on here a long time ago, and while this post involves moving on to OK Computer, I'm still not talking about the whole album. I need to just talk about one song. Because, dudes. I had an inkling of this notion about this song for a long time, but I feel like it was recently confirmed like For Real when it was featured on a playlist at work and I just decided, YES, This Is It. 

Guys. This is My Favorite Song.

This is a big deal! Because I like A LOT OF SONGS! But I've thought about it a lot; I think the only song that could come in second is this one. (Okay, and a second runner up would be Dreams by the Cranberries, OBVIOUSLY.) Of course, I may debate this in my head continuously, because your Favorite Song is a big deal, and thinking about it is more fun than thinking about all those other boring things you should be thinking about. But for now, I'm taking a stand on this one.

And listen y'all, IT'S NOT KARMA POLICE, OKAY, even though Karma Police came on the radio on my drive home from work the other night and I sang along real loud and it was real awesome.

It's this one:


Everything about this song is perfect for me, from the first notes on. I don't even have a lot I can say about it other than I have loved it for over ten years, and that it makes everything inside of me happy, and that I could listen to it over and over and over and still love it just as much.

And also, most importantly, when he sings:

One day, I am gonna grow wings

(a chemical reaction, hysterical and useless.)

--no lie, my soul suddenly expands inside my chest and then implodes in on itself. I don't know if this makes any sense, but it's what happens, and it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment