Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"My huckleberry friend."


Hey, so, I have a question. Is it possible for anyone in the world to listen to Moon River without their heart melting into honey--a sticky, gooey, blubbering mess? Because it is so sweet and lonely and pretty that it makes you just want to die? And if you don't think so too, I, like, don't believe you?

I may or may not have felt the need to say this after watching the Gilmore Girls episode in Season 5 when Richard and Emily renew their wedding vows and all that shits goes down in the end (WHEN LORELAI SAYS "YOU AND ME, WE'RE DONE" TO EMILY AT THE END, OMGGGGGG) and it's awful and I may or may not have cried through most of the episode especially when Richard and Emily dance to that Bill song but Rory and Logan (eh) dance to Moon River and so here I am.

Why do the three words "my huckleberry friend" slay me so much? What does it even mean? How can you be a huckleberry friend? I don't know but IT IS LOVELY, DREAM MAKER. JUST LOVELY. EFF YOU, AND EFF YOU TOO AUDREY HEPBURN, AND ALL YOU LOVELY OLD CLASSY BROADS WHO SING PRETTY SONGS IN MOVIES THAT MAKE ME WANT TO CRY FOREVER. I'M LOOKING AT YOU TOO, JUDY, BUT THAT'S A STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY.

There's such a lot of world to see.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment