Friday, August 3, 2012

WFMAD: Days Two/Three.

I need to note that I have been writing my fifteen minutes a day, and enjoying it immensely--looking forward to it each day, even. However, the prompt yesterday was too personal to share with anyone, and then the prompt today built off of the prompt from yesterday. So, hell. I have a feeling this may be a theme, building each day on this, and I might spend the whole month working from this private place, which might be good for me personally but I won't be able to share it was absolutely anyone. Which is kind of a bummer. Especially because today I got to write about New York City, and I already really like writing about New York City, which might be a really obnoxious thing to say when I don't live there.

Maybe even pointing out that I wrote something that I can't share on here is obnoxious, but I just wanted to make a note that I am, in fact, doing this thing, and it is already making me happier. And anyway, I mainly wanted to note here that the writing quote she also gives you each day seemed particularly astounding today to me and I wanted to remember it. 

“Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity."  (Gustave Flaubert)

Shit, son.

No comments:

Post a Comment